Dinner parties are a great way to bring friends and family together to enjoy a delicious meal and good conversation. However, setting the right atmosphere can be just as important as the food and drinks. One way to transform a dinner party and create a warm, welcoming environment is by incorporating dinner candles into the decor. One of the main benefits of using dinner candles at a dinner party is that they can create a warm and inviting atmosphere. The soft glow of the candles can help to set the tone for the evening and create a relaxing and intimate environment. Candles can also help to soften the lighting in the room, which can make guests feel more comfortable and at ease. Below, we have looked at how luxury dinner candles - with equally luxurious candlesticks - can transform your evening.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Dinner Candles
Though you could simply add a candle or two to your dining table, this isn’t enough to get the most out of your luxury candles. You need to think about the type of candles, the table setting and the candlesticks you will use. Getting things right can really transform the ambience and experience for your dinner party guests. Here are some of the key things that you can do to ensure that your dinner candles are really making a statement.
- Choose the Right Candles - When selecting candles for your dinner party, it is important to choose candles that are appropriate for the occasion. Consider the size of your dining table and the number of guests you will be entertaining. Taper candles are a popular choice for dinner parties, as they can be arranged in a variety of ways and come in a range of colours to match your decor. Be sure to choose candles that are unscented, as strong scents can compete with the aromas of the food and drinks. There are also coloured dinner candles, which are ideal if you want to add a pop to your tablescape.
- Set the Table - Once you have chosen your candles, it is important to think about how you will incorporate them into your table setting. One option is to place taper candles in candlesticks or candelabras and arrange them down the centre of the table. Another option is to place votive candles in glass holders and scatter them around the table. You can also add interest by varying the heights of the candles, using different colours or textures, or adding decorative elements such as flowers or greenery.
- Use Coloured Dinner Candles to Set the Mood - Candles come in a variety of colours, so consider using colour to set the mood for your dinner party or special occasion. For a classic and sophisticated look, stick with traditional white or cream candles. If you want to add a pop of colour to your table setting, choose candles in shades that complement your decor or floral arrangements.
- Plan for Candle Maintenance - It is important to plan for candle maintenance during your dinner party. Be sure to trim the wicks of your taper candles before lighting them to ensure an even burn. Keep a lighter or matches on hand in case a candle needs to be relit. As candles burn down, it may be necessary to replace them with fresh candles to maintain the ambiance of the room.
- Choose the Right Candleholders - The first step in styling dinner candles is to choose the right candleholders. Candleholders come in a variety of styles, shapes, and sizes, so you will want to choose something that complements your table setting and the overall style of your home. Some popular options include rustic candlesticks and large candlesticks, but there are many other options available.
- Play with Height and Proportion - When styling dinner candles, it's important to play with height and proportion to create a balanced and visually appealing display. You can achieve this by using candles of varying heights and placing them in candlesticks of different heights as well. For example, you could use a tall candlestick in the centre of the table and surround it with shorter votive holders or tea lights.
- Add Greenery or Flowers - Another way to style candles for dinner is to incorporate greenery or florals into your display. You can do this by placing candles in the centre of a wreath or garland, or by using floral arrangements or greenery to create a backdrop for your candleholders. This will add texture and depth to your table setting and create a more natural and organic look.
- Accessorise with Other Decorative Elements - Don't be afraid to accessorise your candle display with other decorative elements. This could include anything from decorative napkin rings and place card holders to seasonal decor such as pumpkins or pinecones. Just be sure to choose accessories that complement your candleholders and create a cohesive look.
As you can see, there is a lot that you can do to really maximise the impact that your dinner candles have. Whether you are throwing a big and informal meal for family, or you’re hosting a dinner party or soiree for friends and loved ones, you won’t find yourself underwhelmed by the impact dinner candles can have.
Candlesticks at Novenary
At Novenary, we are firm believers in the difference candles can make to the home. This is why we have a wide range of candles for you to choose from, including aromatherapy candles. You will also find our impressive selection of gorgeous candlesticks, which are the ideal addition to any meal. To find out more about our vast range of products, get in touch with the Novenary team.